Friday, February 6, 2009

Interview with Keiko Lynn

Keiko Lynn is quite a fashionista. I got pulled into her blog recently and got so hooked into seeing what bold colors and handmade pieces she was going to wear daily that I had to shoot her an email to see if she'd be up for an interview...and to my delight she said yes.

Here is a portion of our interview with Keiko---

Snapshot Fashion: What pushed you to create your fashion line, Postlapsaria?
Keiko Lynn: As a theatre major in college, I had no time for a regular job. I had a scholarship but didn't want to take out any loans for extra living expenses. Since I already spent a lot of my downtime altering thrift store finds for myself, it just made sense to start offering them for
sale. From there, it turned into a full time job and I began making original creations, in addition to the reconstructions.

SF: Who are your fashion icons?
KL: I often find that my style icons don't represent my personal taste. I just appreciate artistic ingenuity. I adore Iris Apfel and Anna Piaggi for their eclectic flair. However, I do have icons I look to for my own inspiration. Currently, I'm in love with Chuck, the fictional character of Pushing Daisies (may it rest in peace). I think her character's style somewhat reflects my own, so I might be a little biased. I'm also in awe of my great grandma (Moe) - she had impeccable style at my age (and beyond), and made all of her own clothing. She's the one who taught me how to sew!

SF: If you could give anyone a wardrobe makeover who would it be and why?
KL: My big sister. She is beautiful and magnetic, but she is utterly lazy about getting dressed and often looks like she is wearing pajamas. I tease her about it a lot, but I understand that not everyone is into fashion, and that's okay.

SF: We love seeing that you enjoy wearing bright and bold colors! Is there any color you won't wear?
KL: Absolutely not! I will wear any color you throw at me.

*******************************************************

To check out our entire interview with Keiko please stop by our MySpace page or our Facebook group.

Also, be sure to check out her line,
Postlapsaria...as well as her fashion blog.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her! Thank you for the interview :).

Unknown said...

ooh fantastic interview she's gorgeous!

Amazing Style said...

i used to visit her blog before
she's nice