Monday, May 20, 2013

Happy Birthday Blue Jeans!

It's not every day that I check my email and my dad sends me information for my blog. So when I saw that he sent me an email called "something for your blog site" this morning with a link to check out I had to see what was up. I'm so glad I did! Did you know that today is the 140th birthday of the blue jeans???

A tailor from Reno, Neveda, named Jacob Davis, came up with the idea of riveted pants in response to a customer whose pockets kept ripping. Fearing that someone might steal his idea and recruited Levi Strauss, owner of dry goods wholesaler Levi Strauss & Co., as a business partner. Their patent was obtained on May 20, 1873.

Today, on average Americans have seven pair of jeans in their wardrobe. So with the celebration of blue jeans, and considering that the U.S. buys 450 million pairs of jeans every year, I thought it would be fun to do a quick roundup of my favorite pairs that are out there today.

7 For All Mankind Mid Rise Skinny available at Piperlime- $189

Flare Play Jeans by Dittos available at ModCloth- $99.99

1969 Perfect Boot Jeans available at Gap- $69.95 $54.99


How will you be celebrating the blue jeans today? Will you be wearing your favorite pair? Or will you be going shopping for a new one???



source

No comments: