Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Beauty Buzz

This past weekend I decided it was about time for me to color my hair. It had been a while since my last coloring and I am someone that really has to color their hair pretty often because if I didn't I think my entire head would be WHITE! Yikes!

Since summer is here I thought it would be pretty fun to try some highlights. Usually I will let the professionals handle my highlights...but I didn't really feel like shelling out the dough. So for about $15 I picked up this box of L'Oreal Paris Couleur Experte in Truffle from my local CVS. The Truffle shade has a rich brown base color and lighter brown highlights. The color wasn't all that extreme so I felt pretty safe with it. What I will say is that you really have to take your time with this product...or any highlighting product out there. I did, and I LOVE the way it turned out.

What is great about this product is that it gives you two options for how you can apply it. You can apply the highlights with a wand...or with this double sided sponge (that was what I used). I felt that the sponges really kept the color very even. There is nothing worse than spotty highlights!

Have any of you ever tried this product or any other type of at home highlights?


source

1 comment:

DS said...

I have been dying to try those highlights; every time I see it in the store it calls my name! Unfortunately my hair has huge issues taking color at all so I'd probably still have to go to the salon. I love the color that you chose, it looks gorgeous.