Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy


I wanted to take a moment to talk with my readers about Hurricane Sandy (aka Frankenstorm, aka The Super Storm). This deadly hurricane has hit so many areas...even here where I live in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. I have to say, we were very lucky. A lot of rain and very strong winds, but overall the damage was quite minimal.

I sit here watching CNN and MSNBC nonstop, and the stories and images of the damage is heartbreaking. I lived in Hoboken, NJ for two years, and I wouldn't doubt that both of my apartments there are more than likely under water. I also lived in the East Village in New York City for four and a half years...and the images I have been seeing are just beyond anything I could imagine. A block or two from my old apartment in NYC cars were under water! UNDER WATER! I just can't believe that.

I do have a lot of friends and family that live in New Jersey, Manhattan, Long Island, and Connecticut and I hope they all are well. I have heard from a number of my loved ones but not everyone. There are a ton of power outages that are going on all over the place though. Everyone is in my thoughts and I really hope they are all okay.

Did Sandy strike where you live? Please share your stories.


img

2 comments:

Kimberlee said...

It's been crazy here in New York! Never seen such devastation and I've lived on the East Coast most of my life. New Yorkers have been wonderful organizing donations and recovery efforts without the government's help. I just dropped of donations at a local store because I wanted to help in any way I could. Still many in New Jersey, Brooklyn and Staten Island are without power some 6 days later. While the storm has taken 41 lives, it is great to see the city pull together like we always do.

Diane said...

glad you are okay kimberlee! yeah i know a good number of my friends and family are still without power...and some don't expect to get it until late november :(