Monday, April 1, 2013

NYC Easter Bonnet Parade

As I mentioned in my last post, this year I had the opportunity to check out the Easter Bonnet Parade in NYC. This was such a fun gathering of some seriously creative and fashionable people. I saw everything from top hats to hats made out of Easter baskets and peeps!














I have to say, I think the peep hat that this little boy had on above was my favorite. What you can't see in this photo is that the stuffed chick on the top jiggled back and forth. And in case you didn't realize, I love peeps!!! I mean...who doesn't???

I just love that everyone in attendance had such a great sense of humor about it all. Laughter and smiles filled the streets. If you get a chance to go to this gathering in the future you should definitely check it out. Have any of you ever gone to it before?

This bonnet showcase got me thinking...what would I make my ideal bonnet out of? The next time I attend this "parade" I will definitely be rocking a crazy hat. What would you make your Easter bonnet out of???

*********************************************************************************

Don't forget to enter to win a super soft crew top from Albion Fit. Make sure you get your entry in by Friday, April 5th. Also, check out the fantastic discount they made available to Snapshot Fashion readers!

9 comments:

Lacee Swan said...

i forgot there was such a thing! the peep had is amaze!

xo lacee

Allison said...

This is amazing! I love the Peeps hat - it's absolutely perfect :)

Olga Zgonnik said...

these are such lovely photos!

www.anightinnyc.blogspot.com

Vintage2Vogue said...

how fun with all the hats!

lydia from vintage2vogue
stop by and say hello,

www.vintagetwovogue.blogspot.com

Quiqui said...

Cute pictures, and fun and funny hats!
www.notasinfashion.blogspot.com

Ally said...

Awesome photos :) Lovin that last pic, the hat with the bunnies is pretty rad. Haha Thx for sharing!

xoxo, Ally
pinsandroses.blogspot.com

A Fine Balance said...

Now I know where I will be for easter next year! this is so cool!

LyddieGal said...

what a fun spectacle! the peeps hat is too cute.
Chic on the Cheap

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

That is so cute, I love it!!!