Saturday, January 31, 2015

Step By Step- The Perfect Red Lip

What I really wanted to do today was an outfit post outdoors in my neighboorhood. But with the "feels like temperture" in the negatives and a massive fire two blocks from my apartment, that was not going to happen. So I thought I'd spend some time indoors and create a little tutorial on how to get the perfect red lip.


I have my lip routine down to a science. Since I wear lipstick (mostly red) almost every single day, I know what works and what doesn't. One of the biggest things I have learned over the years is how to keep my lips looking healthy and not dried out. In my opinion, nothing looks worse that dried, chapped lips that are covered in bold color. It just doesn't work. Here's how I keep my pout healthy and beautiful...


Step #1- Brush your lips lightly with your toothbrush every morning. You will be so surprised how this really does freshen your pout!


Step #2- Use a lip cleanser. I prefer Bliss's Fabulips Foaming Lip Cleanser. I love the effervescent cleansing action! And...it smells fantastic! Seeing this photo reminds me that I need to go get more soon...almost empty...


Step #3- Pick a great shade of red. I must have about 6 or 7 shades of red in my makeup bag, all slightly different. So even though I may wear red lips almost every day I don't get bored with the color. One of my most favorite shades is Sephora's Cream Lip Stain in Always Red. It goes on so beautifully and stays on all day long. 



Step #4- After you remove your lip color moisturize your lips with petroleum jelly. This step really does help keep your lips from drying out. I make this my nightly ritual.


Follow these tips and I promise you beautiful and healthy lips!


No comments: