Friday, April 29, 2011

Kate Middleton---The Dress

So let me first start out by saying that I cannot believe I woke up at 4am today! I'm most certainly NOT a morning person...but there was no way I was going to miss seeing the royal wedding live. I would have actually wrote this post sooner...but I was still in my half-zombie state for quite some time. Thank goodness my four cups of coffee are starting to kick in!

For months everyone was predicting what Kate's dress may or may not look like, as well as who the designer would be. Also in question was how her hair would be worn, and if should would wear a tiara. This morning all of our questions were finally answered.


Kate's dress was absolutely lovely. She wore a gown designed by Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen. Word is that Kate herself had a heavy hand in designing the stunning gown. What many are comparing this dress to is the wedding dress worn by Grace Kelly. Many have been thinking she would go this route for some time now, noting that Kate's sense of style is just as ladylike and classic as the late Princess Grace's.


As you can see Kate wore her hair down. I have to admit, I was really hoping she would. I love her hair! And the fact that she typically wears it down I feel that if she wore it up she wouldn't look quite like herself.

What did you think of Kate's wedding day look??? Did you love it as much as I did? Or did you feel that she would have looked better in a different style dress? Please share your thoughts!

**********************************************************
A quick update---
I just wanted to put a photo up of Kate's second dress that she wore for her reception. I think she looks absolutely lovely in it. If she doesn't look like a princess, I don't know who does! Which dress do you prefer??? Kate's first or second dress?



img1
img2
img3

1 comment:

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Her wedding gown was fabulous!