Monday, January 6, 2014

Stay Warm In The Polar Vortex

I can't get over the weather lately! Last week when we had the snow storm the "real feel temperature" in NYC was negative 18. Now tomorrow they are saying it's going to be in the negative double digits yet again due to the polar vortex. I mean, I live in Brooklyn...not the arctic. But this frigid weather is not what I signed up for. I just do not do well with cold. EVER.

The one thing that sucks about living in NYC is that you have to walk everywhere...even in the freezing cold. How am I going to handle this? LAYERS LAYERS LAYERS. I have to admit, it's often difficult to look cute while you have a hundred layers on. I swear last week I looked like a crazy bag lady. Ugh!

Since then, I have been looking for great ways to stay warm while looking adorable. Here are some of my must haves...

Cable Knit Pompom Hat available at Joe Fresh- $10

Ribbed Over-The-Knee Socks available at Anthropologie- $36

Double-Cloth Tipped Coat available at J.Crew- $398

Corner Coffee Shop Cardigan available at ModCloth- $59.99

The North Face 'Snowtropolis' Boot available at Nordstrom- $219.95


How are you planning on staying warm???


1 comment:

AsianCajuns Cath said...

Layers are the only way! It was freezing in Atlanta too and I actually had to wear a hat and gloves! ;)

I love that J.Crew coat!