Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Costume Institute's Gala

Last evening was the fashion event of the year...the annual Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute Gala. This year's theme was American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity and the fashion did not disappoint. So many great looks...but my favorite of the evening had to be Melissa George in J. Mendel. This look screams Old Hollywood, which I think is so perfect (and so timeless!) for the red carpet. I love that she kept her accessories rather neutral and minimal. Could you imagine if she didn't? It would have been too much. Her beautiful curls, the flowing ruffles, and the golden yellow color of the gown really are accessory enough.

*As a side note, another reason I think I love this dress is because it kind of reminds me of the Vera Wang gown Michelle Williams wore to the Oscars in 2006.


Which gown was your favorite last evening???


img

1 comment:

Leah Brunner said...

I loooovvveee that dress! gorgeous color on her