Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fashion Blogger of the Week

This week's featured fashion blogger is Nubia's Nonsense. I've had the pleasure of meeting Nubia twice and she is the sweetest girl. She has a very eclectic style and isn't afraid of stepping outside the box...and I love that!


Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging for fun, almost as an outfit diary. I always admired other blogs as well and thought it would be fun to start my own. It’s very expressive and artistic to me. You meet great individuals through blogging as well and it’s an immense amount of inspiration being thrown all over the place. I find it very refreshing. I started blogging so I can inspire others in the ways I’ve been inspired, as well as having something to look back on one day for my own personal memories.

How would you describe your personal style?
My style is very eclectic and all over the place. One day I’m preppy. The next I’m living in the 80’s, the next I’m bohemian. I don’t really place myself in any sort of category. I dress myself according to the mood I wake up in or sometimes according to what’s in my closet instead of my dirty hamper, haha.

If you could raid anyone's closet, who would it be and why?
This is a tough question, I think at this certain moment I would raid Rihanna’s closet. I think she always looks so fierce and funky. I’ve seen so many different looks on her that I think it would be super fun to go through her closet and play dress up. She’s very creative and well put together.

Who would you love to give a wardrobe makeover?
I can’t really think of anyone honestly. I think of fashion as a personal choice as of self expression and I wouldn’t want to force anyone to be something that they’re not. I wouldn’t mind giving a girl friend or 2 some tips though but they think I’m nuts anyway! I like them just the way they are.

If you could give one fashion tip to anyone, what would it be?
I think it would be to play more with accessories. A lot of times I have friends who think their outfits are dull or they feel like something is missing. Accessories can do A LOT to an outfit.



and now time for some everyone's favorite section...QUICK FIRE QUESTIONS---

gold or silver?
Silver

heels or flats?
Heels

vintage or DIY?
Vintage (I am a big DIY fan though)

front row or backstage?
Front row

lipstick or lipgloss?
Lipstick that shimmers!



Make sure you stop on by and visit Nubia's Nonsense!

3 comments:

Maria Tavares said...

Lovely interview :D

Nubiasnonsense said...

looks good, Thanks Diane

Unknown said...

Good Interview... love it