Friday, April 23, 2010

Book of the Day

When I was younger I wanted to be a fashion designer. But then I came to realize that I am awful at sewing. The worst. It's just not for me. But I know a ton of you out there are super crafty so I thought you'd love this book, Make Your Own Clothes. This book contains great photographs and easy-to-follow instructions, as well as CD of software that generates a pattern, based on one of the twenty featured in the book's pages, to fit your body exactly. All you have to do is type in your measurements and you get your very own custom pattern. Pretty amazing right?

Right now it is available on ModCloth...so make sure you stop on by before it sells out.

4 comments:

Sharon Lei said...

I think I need this book.. I love books like this.. I own tons... and should add this one to my ever growing collection. :) Diane, if we lived closer.. I'd love to teach you how to sew.. I'm sure you'd do great... just need a little patience. :) If my hubby can do it, you can too! (well, he has a lot of patience.. hee hee)

xx Love & Aloha

Unknown said...

I promise we need to meet because when I was younger I wanted to be a fashion designer as well. I actually can sew but it's not very enjoyable for me. I might need to get that book for inspiration. =)

Diane said...

yeah my problem is i have NO patience!!! hahaha

AsianCajuns (Lauren) said...

Ooo that is amazing, Diane! I soo wish Cath and I were the sewing type too!