Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fashion Blogger of the Week

This week we are featuring Jen from jennifhsieh. I met Jen during Fashion Week this year and she was a total sweetheart with an adorable sense of style. Let's get to know her a little better---


Why did you start blogging?
After graduating high school, my best friend moved thousands of miles away. To keep in touch, she had the idea of starting a fashion blog together since we both had an interest in it. Eventually she became too overwhelmed with school work and so I started a blog of my own since I grew to love being a part of the blogging community.   :-)

How would you describe your personal style?
I would probably describe my style as being minimalistic, comfortable, and casual. I would choose flats over heels in order to be comfortable. I choose simple, classic, and timeless pieces, mixing in a few of my favorite trends every now and then. I also tend to stick to neutral or darker colors and avoid anything too bright.

If you could raid anyone's closet, who would it be and why?
Without a doubt, Alexa Chung. I can't get over how effortlessly chic she looks all the time. I don't think I've ever caught her wearing something that would show up on a worst-dressed list! All of her outfits are always so well put together and she knows what flatters her body type. I'm pretty sure there's nothing she can't pull off.

Who would you love to give a wardrobe makeover?
This might sounds stupid, but I'm going to have to go right ahead and pick my brother. He hates clothes shopping with a passion and puts the minimal amount of effort into what he wears. He used to refuse to wear denim jeans until only two years ago, after MUCH convincing. Although he's never looked tremendously horrible, I think his wardrobe could use a update.   :-)

If you could give one fashoin tip to anyone, what would it be?
Be Comfortable. Clothes shouldn't be painful to wear since you spend the majority of your life in them. Are those 5-inch heels giving you the worst blisters you've ever experienced? Take them off and put on a pair of flats. Are you sucking in every little bit of yourself just to get into that dress you bought which was a size too small? Return the dress. Beauty should not have to be pain.

and now time for some fun QUICK FIRE QUESTIONS---

gold or silver?
Gold

heels or flats?
Both

vintage or DIY?
Vintage

front row or backstage?
Backstage

lipstick or lipgloss?
Is chapstick an option?  :-P


Make sure you check out Jen's site!!!

2 comments:

Leah said...

I love Jen's style... her outfits are never outrageous. She always look chic without trying hard. I love this girl. Thanks for the interview. xoxo

milk tea girl said...

<3 her style too...simple and chic
plus she work with affordable pieces~~!! n_n

hkmilkteagirl.blogspot.com/