Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fashion Blogger of the Week

This week's featured fashion blogger is The Clothes Horse. I don't know about you but I want just about everything in Rebecca's closet...and her gorgeous photos make me want to move to the northwest. *sigh* Let's take a moment to learn a little bit more about this fashionista---


Why did you start blogging?
It was really a culmination of several things. I was reading a lot of blogs and I started to want to interact with the bloggers, but not as an anonymous stranger. I also had just finished a study abroad in Japan to return to rural PA and my usual business classes. I was feeling creatively starved and stranded, so my blog became my form of escapism. I was able to connect to people with similar interests online and had a reason to do the creative pursuits that I loved, like taking photographs, doodling, and even just collection sources of inspiration in one spot.

How would you describe your personal style?
Quirky romantic; I just dress for the fantasy that I would like to be living rather than how uneventful my day actually is. Velvet on a rainy day for running errands and walking the dog? Yes, and throw on some printed tights and a vintage fascinator or silver headdress too. There’s always some personal touch and usually that is in the form of a headpiece.

If you could raid anyone's closet, who would it be and why?
Sofia Coppola; I love her style and she friendly with a lot of a fantastic designers. I definitely she has a lot of pieces I would love.

Who would you love to give a wardrobe makeover?
I don’t really know…maybe Leighton Meester’s on-stage/performance outfits. I like a lot of different styles and tons of people who don’t dress like me, so different looks really don’t bother me. However, I do think Miss Meester has made a number of mis-steps and knowing how well she can look and thinking of other performers that manage to look good on and off stage, I think someone needs to take her in hand!

If you could give one fashion tip to anyone, what would it be?
Play around and have fun; we never know about things unless we try them. You never knew you loved chocolate until someone gave you a piece, so how do you know a boater/fedora/bowler won’t suit you? I think you need to be open to trying every sartorial option and just standing in front of a mirror playing with pieces, colors, and styles.


and now for everyone's favorite...QUICK FIRE QUESTIONS---

gold or silver?
gold

heels or flats?
flats

vintage or DIY?
vintage (I’m too lazy to do a lot of DIYs)

front row or backstage?
backstage

lipstick or lipgloss?
lipstick; usually it is just chapstick, but if I actually go for a color: always lipstick.



If you have yet to check out her site stop on over there now.

No comments: