Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fashion Blogger of the Week

Snapshot Fashion will now be featuring a fashion blogger every week (check us every Sunday) in this spotlight where we they will answer SF's interview questions. Hopefully you'll be introduced to some new fashion blogs this way...or maybe you'll see your favorite bloggers on here!   :-)

Starting us off this week is Dylana from Nana in Wonderland. I have adored her website and style for months now and I'm super excited that we get to feature her first.


Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I have always been in love with fashion since I was a little girl and my mom made clothes for me for school. I have always been a writer and I wanted a way to combine both fashion and writing together. Blogging just seemed like the natural thing to do to make my own mark in the fashion world. It has been such an awesome experience so far!

How would you describe your personal style?
I would describe my style as quirky minimalism. I love classic and simple pieces that are timeless and practical, but I always make sure to throw something in that makes my outfit feel unique and one-of-a-kind. I may pair a chic pair of black trousers with a blouse in a funky print, a vintage belt, and a great pair of socks peeking out at the bottom. I love neutrals and sleek silhouettes offset by small bursts of bright color here and there to make a look more modern and fresh. I am very inspired by brands like ChloƩ, Celine, Stella McCartney, Dries van Noten, Pringle of Scotland, and Burberry Prosum because of their simple and clean pieces that have impeccable tailoring and shape.

If you could raid anyone's closet, who would it be and why?
Gosh, this is a hard question! But I would love to raid the closet of Chloƫ Sevigny. She has such a chic and quirky look that is very much her own. She always puts together the most amazing looks made up of classic pieces in unexpected colors and patterns. She inspires me so much. If I could get my hands on everything in her closet, I would be the happiest girl in the world!

Who would you love to give a wardrobe makeover?
If I had to choose, I would probably give a makeover to Kirsten Stewart. I think she is such a great actress with a beautiful face, but her red carpet looks don't seem like they are her own, and she always wears the same thing out and about: jeans, sneakers, t-shirt, and a hoodie. I would love to see her in a chic pair of high-waisted trousers, a rocker tee, and a leather blazer. She would look so cool!

If you could give one fashion tip to anyone, what would it be?
My fashion would be to dress how you feel. Think about what inspires you, your hobbies, stories you love, places you have been to, etc., and in turn think about you can channel your inspiration into your clothes. Dress to represent yourself, and always dress for yourself and nobody else.


and now time for some fun QUICK FIRE QUESTIONS---

gold or silver?
gold

heels or flats?
both

vintage or DIY?
vintage

front row or backstage?
Backstage. That's where all the fun is!

lipstick or lipgloss?
lipstick
 
 
So make sure you check out Dylana on Nana in Wonderland!

2 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Oh, I absolutely adore this piece, Diane! Dylana has been one of my favorite bloggers for ages - her style is phenomenal!! :)

Aleisha-Rose said...

yes great post on her! She deserves it!

xoxo

daringdarlingdelight.blogspot.com